Initial discussion about forming this organisation was discussed during the house warming event of the devotees in May 2015. After two weeks of planning, a group of 5 devotees decided to celebrate the Guru Purnima event to gauge community interest and participation.
After several meetings and meticulous planning, the first public event was conducted on 25th July 2015 and the event was a great success with 180 devotees taking part, far exceeding the expected 80-100 devotees.
With the encouragement and blessings of Baba, the group decided to formally register the Sansthan with the aim to build a community hall where all devotees can come together and celebrate a variety of events. Despite this first hand knowledge, this small group of 5 devotees decided to go ahead and work started to formally register Shirdi Sai Sansthan Brisbane as a charitable, non-profit organisation. With help of Sri Bharatraj constitution was adopted and formal registration of Sansthan with ASIC and ACNC in January 2016.
- Shirdi Sai Sansthan Brisbane Ltd was established on 3rd December 2015.
- The main objective of Sansthan since its inception was to build a place of assembly for our beloved Sadguru Shri Shirdi Saibaba in Brisbane and also serve the local community.
- Sansthan has been conducting Satsang on 2nd Saturday and last Saturday of every month between 6.00pm to 8.30pm at Cooper Plains State School, 61 Orange Grove Rd, Coopers Plains and at devotees place every Saturday since 2016.
- Sansthan acquired 8116 sq mts of land at 2 Scrubby Creek Road, Browns Plains, Queensland - 4118.
- Sansthan will be building a Shirdi Sai Cultural and Community Centre with a beautiful place of assembly for Shri Shirdi Saibaba along with other deities (Ganesh, Hanuman, Durga, Shiva, Ram Parivar, Radha Krishna, Balaji Alamelumanga, Navagraha).
- The Cultural and Community Centre also includes a big Community Hall with dining facility and commercial kitchen for the benefit of the larger Community to conduct weddings & other Functions.